DCF 2.0 Bear Bag – 14L – 39g
My Mighty 2.0 Bear Bag. Now with a new 3D construction! The base is now 3D and sits flat for easier packing. Excellent!
The one piece of DCF gear absolutely every hiker needs, and the best way to store your food.
Mice are constantly trying to burrow into your food and ruin it, but my bear bag has rodent resistant fabric and is tough enough to be hung up out of reach to defeat the furry thieves. Commonly used in the USA to protect against bears, hanging up your food is equally necessary in the UK to stop the mice raiding your food during a wild camp. As well as its rodent beating superpowers, the fabric is waterproof to over 20,000mm and it is 2.5X tougher than my standard dry bags! I carried one on LEJOG and never had to patch it in all 1500 miles.
Whilst the fabric is rodent resistant thanks to its high Dyneema® content, make sure you hang it out of reach as well: it should not be left on the floor for the mice to chew on all night.
- Proudly handmade in Britain with 1.43oz DCF from the USA
- Extra tough, rodent resistant fabric. Suitable for bear bagging
- Over 20,000mm waterproof + taped seams
- My unique 2.0 composite Velcro roll top – suitable for compression
- Premium easyclip uberlite buckles
- Instantly repairable with my DCF tape
- High Dyneema® content DCFt – 15X stronger than steel
- Quadlayer blast seams
- Packed: 35cm (14") tall 25cm (10") diameter
- Volume: about 14L (~3 gallons)
- Weight: 39g (~1.4oz)
I make my bear bags from 1.43oz DCF, a very special fabric made from Dyneema® fiber – an incredibly strong fiber that is 15X stronger than steel. Not only is it many times lighter than other fabrics, it is also several times stronger, and up to 10X more waterproof. 1.43oz DCF is a very tough fabric, having 2.5X more Dyneema® content than my standard dry bag fabric.
Important safety information
WARNING: This product is not a toy. To avoid risk of suffocation, keep this dry bag away from babies and small children.
Like all manufacturers, we recommend protecting moisture sensitive items with a zip lock bag. Unsuitable for kayaking or water sports.