DCF Evade Chestpack – 6in1 – 47g+
Wild Sky Gear EVADE Chestpack 6 in 1
We've all been there: you're lugging your heavy pack along a rough trail and you really want that Snickers bar. You get the pack off, undo all the buckles, rummage around, your rucksack cover blows away, your sleeping bag gets wet, you finally find the sneaky Snickers bar, heft the pack back on, do up all the buckles, struggle to your feet, re-adjust all the shoulder straps, and then it turns out you left your phone in the pack and you have to start all over again. Time to get a chestpack!
My favourite item on my LEJOG hike has to be the chestpack I carried: being able to store your phone, snacks, compass, penknife and first aid kit up front, instantly accessible, is a big win when you're covering big miles and really don't want to take off your pack every five minutes.
Waterproof option also available – see related products below!
- Handmade in Britain
- Removes and attaches instantly with just 2 buckles
- Fully adjustable, heavy duty, 4-way suspension system
- Made with tough, extra grippy webbing from the UK
- All four mounts have quick release buckles and adjustors
- YKK® UL locking zip
- 7 space age fabrics to choose from, including DCF
- From just 47g!
- Extra webbing straps available for extra flexibility
- 21cm (8 3/8") wide, 16cm (6 3/8") tall, 7.5cm (3") deep
Weight (includes all four suspension mounts and buckles)
- 100D ROBIC® ripstop nylon (all colours): 51g (2 1/5 oz)
- 200D Recycled Polyester 51g (2 1/5 oz)
- LITESKIN LS07: 49g (2 1/10 oz)
- 2.92oz DCF: 47g (2 oz)
- 100D ROBIC: High-tenacity ripstop nylon. 5 colours. A premium, tough, waterproof fabric, built for endurance with a hydrolysis resistant, ultra-high tear strength coating and DWR.
- 200D endurance woven 100% recycled polyester: In Basalt Black, a premium endurance woven 100% recycled polyester with an extra thick PU coating for water resistance.
- LITESKIN LS07: a hyper abrasion-resistant fabric made by the guys behind XPac. 70D ripstop Nylon faced with a poly resin coating make this lighter but tougher. The individual patterning looks beautiful. Fabric made in the USA
- 2.92oz DCF: the lightest chestpack, waterproof to over 20K+HH. DCF is a very special fabric made from Dyneema® fiber – an incredibly strong fiber that is 15X stronger than steel. 2.92oz DCF also has a 50D polyester face to improve abrasion resistance. Lighter yet tougher, built for the long haul
6 functions in 1
As well as being a chestpack, the suspension system can be threaded together using the larks head knot (it's not really a knot) to create a big adjustable strap for a satchel or bumbag. You can also make a pack brain and a harness to store a dry bag atop you pack, or clip off everything to use it as a packing cell.
Mounting the chestpack
- Unclip the four webbing lengths from the buckles. Find a loop or daisy chain on your shoulder straps and slide the piece of webbing under it.
- The webbing length has a loop sewn into it at each end. Thread the buckle through the loop et voila: the mount is attached! Do this to the other rucksack strap, and to the hip belt if needed for running etc. Clip the chestpack in using the buckles and you're ready to go!
- Pull on the webbing to adjust it, and get it tight so it doesn't bounce around.
- You need two straps to be attached. You can clip a third strap to your hip belt if you find your gait causes the chestpack to rock, and a fourth if you're running and need maximum security.
Removing the chestpack
- To remove it, you simply need to unclip the buckles. All four of the webbing straps are attached to buckles which allows you to instantly clip them off – no more fiddling with linelocs and carabiners.
- When you need to remove your pack, undo the buckles on one side and you can get out, it'll stay in place so you can easily clip yourself back in, inconvenience free!
Important safety information
WARNING: This product is not a toy. Includes small parts. To avoid risk of choking, keep this chestpack away from babies and small children.
These chestpacks are made from waterproof fabrics, but they are not waterproof in construction. Like all manufacturers, we recommend protecting moisture sensitive items with a zip lock bag.